Sunday, November 13, 2011

Walking With The Ghosts Of Village Creek Talking To Miss Puerto Rico About The Bad Experience Of Flying Home On Spirit Airlines

The Village Creek Bayou On Sunday November 13, 2011
Miss Puerto Rico called whilst I was walking today with the Native American ghosts who live among the giant oaks of Village Creek Natural Historical Area in Arlington.

This was the first I'd spoken with Miss Puerto Rico since her return to her home island. She was calling from her hometown, Coamo's Super Wal-Mart.

Miss Puerto Rico flew Spirit Airlines home this time. She says she will never fly on Spirit Airlines ever again.

Miss Puerto Rico does not check in any luggage, ever since American Airlines lost her luggage a couple years ago. She keeps most of what she needs, when home, at her parent's house in Coamo. All she takes with her on the plane is one small bag and her portable DVD player. Spirit Airlines charged $38 to carry those two items onboard.

I find this hard to believe, but that's what Miss PR told me.

The next outrage was there were no complimentary drinks or snacks after being airborne. Spirit Airlines charged Miss Puerto Rico $3 for a Diet Coke. Same price for water or coffee. And you could not pay with cash. You had to use a credit card.

I find it hard to believe that airlines are not required to provide hydration to its customers. The inside of a plane can be very dehydrating.

The last time I was in the sky. by the time I got to Albuquerque. I'd had several refills of my glass of Coke. My throat was burning bad. And then on the next leg, to Seattle, the nice Southwest Airlines stewardess took pity on my parchedness and gave me a whole can of Coke.

Changing the subject from Miss Puerto Rico and Spirit Airlines to my favorite subject.

The temperature.

It is currently 82 degrees in the outer world, at my location, in the middle of this Sunday afternoon. My windows are open. I may go swimming again. This morning's swim went well, with no shivering after effects.

No comments: