Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Have Been Invited To An Old Fashion Christmas In Belton Texas

Bell County Courthouse In Belton, Texas
Texas has 254 counties, more than any other state in the union. Many of those 254 counties have very elaborate, ornate courthouses.

The county seat of Bell County is Belton. That is the Bell County Courthouse in the picture.

Belton is slightly south of Temple, north of Salado, on Interstate 35, part of the Killen - Temple - Fort Hood metropolitan area. Basically the town is deep in the Heart of Texas.

And why am I talking about Belton?

Well, a few days ago I think I mentioned that due to my Eyes on Texas website I find myself getting invited to events and festivals that I don't find myself attending.

This morning Sandy Bigham, of Belton, invited me to an "Old Fashion Christmas in Belton," saying....

Join us for a fun day in downtown Belton on the second Saturday of December at 10:00 to 7:00pm. Santa, Clowns, Gospel groups, vintage cars, Hay rides, Kiddie Korral, carolers, Teddy Bear Parade at 5pm. Lots of food and vendor. A fun day for all.

Clowns and Gospel groups are a HUGE attraction to me, but I probably won't make it to the Old Fashion Christmas in Belton.

I did put the Old Fashion Christmas in Belton on my Eyes on Texas Christmas in Texas webpage, though.

I do have one lingering question about the Old Fashion Christmas in Belton. I thought the phrase was always "Old Fashioned" not "Old Fashion." But, I looked at the Belton Chamber of Commerce website and that is what they are calling it, "Old Fashion" not "Old Fashioned."

No comments: