Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 16 Starts With Another Warm Morning In Texas

I thought I'd awaken to Day 16 of the next to last month of 2011 chilled in the outer world to barely above freezing.

But. I must have mis-read the weather predictors prediction because this morning it is 58 degrees in the outer world at my location on this parched part of the planet.

As you can see in the view from my secondary viewing portal on the outer world it is not quite clear whether the sky is clear or not. The sky appears to be gray, but very bright. I see no blue.

Changing the subject from my favorite subject to something else.

I heard from my favorite grammarian, who's expertise in that area is unsurpassed, this morning, pointing out a grammar error I made and which I repeated three times. The grammar trouble came from one particular word, who's misuse of an apostrophe, which on 99% of English words indicates possession, on this particular word, simply implicates a contraction.

Now, I have long been a believer in helping the language evolve, which for me means with those pesky type words who's grammar rule seems to fly in the face of logic and common sense, I opt to make the mistake and pay the consequences.

Even if that means I risk rising the wrath of CatsPaw, who's advice I greatly value.

2 comments:

CatsPaw said...

Personally, I don't like "whose" and "who's" so I think I will advocate the usage of "hooz."

So, perhaps the poor unfortunates you've castigated as recently as 24 October are just trying to evolve the language, too!

Becuz ur a fare & thotfull gy, I no u will ponder this.

Durango said...

CatsPaw, the blogging of 24 October to which you refer was about the much more serious issue of your and you're and there, their and they're. And I clearly said that by bringing up this particular subject I was likely jinxing myself to make an embarrassing grammar error.