Friday, November 25, 2011

Being A Fat Blimp On The Tandy Hills Thinking About Stealing Elsie Hotpepper's Fence Posts

The Dark Brooding Black Friday Skyline of
Beautiful Downtown Fort Worth
You are looking west, on Black Friday, from the top of Mount Tandy at the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth.

As you can see we are being a bit overcast and hazy today. Or maybe it is smog that is blurring the Fort Worth skyline.

I'd not been on the Tandy Hills for several days.

Yesterday, on Thanksgiving, I got an email from Don Young in which he suggested I was a blimp in need of working off my fat. But, it is because off all that fat I am sufficiently insulated so I can stay in the pool for a long time, like I did this morning.

Anyway, here is part of what Don Young had to say about blimps and fat....

Feeling like a blimp after all that fun food? Fly over to Tandy Hills Natural Area and work off your fatties and have a good time, too. Need a reason? Here's 10:
  1. Perfect weather today and tomorrow
  2. 160 acres of Autumn scenery
  3. Deep woods and open prairie
  4. Water in the creeks
  5. Quiet solitude just 5 minutes from downtown FW
  6. Great place to bring the dogs and the kids
  7. You might see and smell a Nodding Ladies Tresses Orchid in bloom
  8. You might see a rabbit or a fox or a hawk or all three
  9. Walking in nature is good for your mind, body and soul
  10. Free and open to the public. You own it, enjoy it!
I saw no Nodding Ladies Tresses on the Tandy Hills today, that I know of.

I did hear, via email, from the Nodding Lady who calls herself Elsie Hotpepper, upon my return from the hills. In the first email Elsie Hotpepper accused me of stealing one of her fence posts. And then in the next email she tells me she has stolen the fence post back.

Tandy Tires Growing Closer
First off, I did not know Elsie Hotpepper had a fence. Second off, why would I steal one of Elsie's fence posts if she did have a fence?

I tell you sometimes I have an awful lot of trouble understanding what Elsie Hotpepper is talking about.

Changing the subject from stolen fence posts back to the Tandy Hills.

The number of mysteriously appearing Tandy Tires remains at three, still sitting on the Tandy Highway. But, Tire #3 has now moved much closer to Tire #2, as you can see in the picture.

It is time for some leftover turkey now. I must replace the fat I lost on the Tandy Hills today.

No comments: