Saturday, October 29, 2011

Virtually Going To A Happy Birthday Lunch With Betty Jo Bouvier, Honey Lulu, Carlotta Camano & Peggy Sue Today

Happy Birthday Girl Betty Jo Bouvier
That is Betty Jo Bouvier on the left and her daughter, Carey, on the right, in the picture, lost somewhere in the Sonoma Valley in California, on their Segways.

This morning Betty Jo invited me to the birthday lunch celebrating her, at least, 39th birthday. Also to be at Betty Jo's birthday lunch were Honey Lulu, Carlotta Camano and Peggy Sue.

I told Betty Jo if I was unable to make it to please say howdy for me to the girls.

Betty Jo's birthday lunch had me thinking about the Pacific Northwest today, well, more specifically, the Puget Sound zone of Washington.

It has been 3 years since I have been back to Washington. This is the longest I have gone without returning to Washington since I moved to Texas. I have pretty much recovered from the well documented trauma I suffered during my month long stay in Washington from July 20 til August 20 of 2008. The traumatizers were brought to justice, which is as it should be in a perfect world where scoundrels eventually pay a price for their scoundrelizing.

Speaking even more about the Pacific Northwest, today I realized it is over a quarter century since Vancouver's Expo '86 closed.

So, I blogged about this shocking reality this morning on my Washington blog in a blogging appropriately titled "It Is Over A Quarter Of A Century Since Vancouver's Expo '86 Closed".

If Betty Jo Bouvier turned 39 this week, that would mean she was only 14 when Expo "86 closed. I well remember when Betty Jo was 14. I do not remember going to Expo "86 with Betty Jo when she was 14.

No comments: