Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Tandy Hills Wildflowers Enjoying Pleasant Temperatures Waiting For More Rain

Freshly Sprouted Tandy Hills Wildflowers
Today on the Tandy Hills I came upon a patch of freshly sprouted light purple wildflowers that had sprouted since I was at the same location this past Saturday.

It seems as if the long drought is causing some wildflowers to get excited when a little rain falls, causing them to go into sprouting mode.

I somehow thought the time of the year had come to an end where I'd be running my air-conditioner. I thought wrong.

It is currently 84 degrees in the outer world in my location.

Swimming was very pleasant this morning. It should also be very pleasant tomorrow morning. And then a lot less pleasant on Thursday morning with a big drop in temperature, with predicted heavy rain. I heard mention made on the radio of big incoming storms on Thursday, but no mention was made of these storms being thunderstorms. I suppose on this parched part of the planet that goes without saying.

I am almost 100% certain I will not be on the Tandy Hills tomorrow in the noon time frame. I am currently scheduled to be at the Fort Worth Stockyards tomorrow.

No comments: