Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Favorite Ex-Wife's Touchdown Tossing Cousin Dylan With Cheers From Ms. Sheffield & Comments About The Weasel J.D. Granger

Dylan Sheffield Catching Or Throwing A Football
I heard from my favorite ex-wife this morning, again, telling me, again, about the football exploits of her cousin, Dylan Sheffield, quarterback for the Wichita Falls Coyotes, who has an amazing knack for throwing an awful lot of touchdown passes.

A couple weeks ago my favorite ex-wife called to tell me that Dylan had broken the Texas State Record for most yards passed in a Texas High School Football Game.

Yesterday, Friday, which is the state sanctioned day for high school football games in Texas, Dylan made, I think, 7 touchdown passes.

I do not know if 7 touchdown passes is another Texas State Record. 7 seems like a lot of touchdown passes to me. But, I must admit, I am not much of a football aficionado.

In a totally un-related note, someone with the same last name as Dylan made a non-football related Cheer today in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Cheers & Jeers section.

Cheers: To Layla Caraway, Bob Lukeman and TRIP for winning the Conservation Award at the Glen Rose Film Festival! If you are concerned about out-of-control spending by your government or what's happening with your water, watch Up a Creek. Together, we can make a difference.
-- Debbie L. Sheffield, North Richland Hills

What a world of coincidences I live in. The Layla Caraway, whom Ms. Sheffield references, is the lady I mentioned when I blogged about Wednesday's TRIP Trinity River Vision Discussion Forum as the "star of Up a Creek" who informed me that J.D. Granger had weaseled out of being on the forum.

Since J.D.'s Wednesday Weaseling I have learned he previously weaseled out of a Fort Worth Republican Women's Club meeting at the Colonial Country Club and he weaseled out of a League of Women's Voters taping at the Fort Worth Intermodal Center.

Clearly the pattern, prior to J.D.'s Wednesday Weaseling, is that J.D. weasels when the event has the word "Women" in the event's name.

The only woman J.D. might have had reason to be scared of, who was part of Wednesday's Forum, was the formidable Gayle Reaves of Fort Worth Weekly, who was the only woman on the stage, being one of the 3 Society of Professional Journalists asking the questions.

If I were J.D. Granger I would have weaseled. I wouldn't want Gayle Reaves asking me any questions. Like I said, she is formidable. So is Layla Caraway. But she was not on the forum. However, like I said, she also is formidable. And I would not want her asking me questions either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Intermodel Center across the street from his mom's property? Does she still own it?

http://pahumphrey.com/blog/favorite-stories/bringin-home-the-bacon/