Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Controversial Texas Nerds With Tandy Hills Sinkholes

It has always been controversial to mention sinkholes on this blog. Usually because Gar the Texan Nerd usually turns the sinkhole into a bizarre controversy.

But, I believe Gar the Texan Nerd is currently out of the country due to his newly diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome having him on his 6th Caribbean cruise of the year.

So, I think it is safe to assume I can mention a sinkhole without it turning into a controversy courtesy of Gar the Texan Nerd.

Today on the main trail that leads to the Tandy Hills, from View Street, I came upon what looked like a sinkhole in the making. Currently I do not believe there is any danger of falling into this abyss, but I would not want to come upon it on a hike in the dark. I think a major tripping might be the result.

The recent rains have caused some new little wildflowers to sprout out. Adding a little color to the currently browned hills.

I am liking the cool temps. It is only 65 right now. I think it was 61 when I headed for the hills.

The pool ended up being more pleasant this morning than yesterday morning, even though the air temperature was colder, with it being in the 40s. The difference was yesterday morning it was real windy. This morning it was not windy.

I need to send out a BOLO (Be On Look Out) for Elsie Hotpepper, who has gone missing again. I'll put out the BOLO and then have lunch. Spaghetti sauce with mushrooms and salami over brown rice, with fresh asparagus.

Which reminds me, Top Chef Texas starts up soon.

No comments: