Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Break From The Great Texas Drought Of 2011 With A Wet Rainy Sunday Drive To A Leaking Sam's Club

You are looking through my windshield at my neighborhood Sam's Club, seeing something I have not seen in awhile.

That something is the windshield wiper wiping rain off the windshield.

I don't know at what time in the middle of the night I realized water was blowing in through my open window, so I don't know how long it has been raining.

What I do know is it almost an hour after noon and it is still raining.

But, the sky does appear to be brightening. The drips seem to be greatly lessening. I suspect the rain will soon come to a halt and the Great Texas Drought of 2011 can re-commence.

In Sam's Club today I saw more buckets catching more leaks than I have ever seen in a store before. Buckets were all over the store.

And many leaks did not have buckets catching the drips.

I suspect because of the long HOT summer, with day after day baking the Sam's Club roof, that havoc has been wreaked on the roof's  dozens of skylights and flashings that are supposed to waterproof those holes in the roof.

I imagine Monday is going to be a very busy day for roofers in North Texas.

A few paragraphs back I said it was almost an hour past noon. I got interrupted. It is now 3 hours past noon. My mom called at about the hour past noon mark. And then lunch intervened.

And, now that it is past 3 on this Sunday afternoon, the rain has finally stopped falling at my location on this formerly parched part of the planet. The sun has not broken through the cloud cover. By morning I think sunniness will have returned.

No comments: