Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday At 104.4 Degrees With Chesapeake Energy Making My Life Easier With Cheaper Energy

104.4 degrees at the mid afternoon mark this HOT Sunday in Texas. With the Real Feel Heat Index knocking off .4 of a degree, making that 104.4 feel like only 104. The chilling miracle of what a 1.0 mph wind can deliver.

The air-conditioner seldom seems to take a break.

Speaking of using a lot of electricity.

Earlier today I blogged about my incoming new neighbor. That being another Chesapeake Energy drilling operation.

Several years ago, early on in the era of Chesapeake Energy annoying so many Texans with their heavy-handed tactics, if you blogged about Chesapeake. your blogging would get hit by boilerplate comments, of the really dumbly overbearing sort, from Chesapeake propaganda shills.

The shill propaganda seems to have improved. Slightly. Below is a comment made by someone calling him, or herself, "jrobinson," regarding my blogging about Chesapeake's messy new operation in my neighborhood....

"Poke a hole"?

Maybe... drilling for gas to make your life easier by providing cheaper energy?

What you really wanted was a Sprouts or ALDI... which you would find useful. But a source of energy - which is important to both those things as well as everything else that supports your life - is a "no go"? 

I don't believe I've ever said I had anything against drilling for gas to make my life easier.

But, somehow I don't consider polluting water supplies, using a lot of water during a drought, sending cancer causing chemicals into the air, not doing everything possible to reduce emissions, making a lot of noise and sending a lot of dust and dirt into the air, all that supportive of the quality of my life.

An ALDI or Sprouts walking distance from my abode would save me a lot of gas.

No comments: