Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Did Not Suffer Heatstroke Today Thinking About Hiking In Yosemite Or General Tarrant's Eminent Domain Abuse At Village Creek

Yes, I know I sort of clearly indicated I was going to stay out of the Texas sun today and thus avoid any minor heatstroke incidents.

But, I was feeling the need to be outside after spending hours inside working on webpages and blogs.

Including a blogging on my Durango Roadtripping Blog that made me want to return to Yosemite National Park and hike to the Glacier Point viewpoint of Half Dome, Yosemite, Vernal and Nevada Falls and the rest of the panoramic view of the Yosemite Valley from up high.

The highest I have ever been up the Yosemite Valley walls of granite is half way up to the top of Yosemite Falls. My co-hikers lacked the stamina to go any further. That and they were hungry.

Today I did not do anything in the Texas Heat as strenuous as hiking in the Yosemite Valley. In the ongoing process of taking America away from the Natives who had lived there for thousands of years, at one point Indians sought refuge in the Yosemite Valley.

Indians wish they had refuge in the place I walked today, that being, again, Village Creek Natural Historic Area, it being the site, long ago, of one of the biggest Indian Villages in America, an agricultural center growing corn and squash and other goodies, until, like I've said before, Texans came along, in what became Tarrant County, using a somewhat primitive form of eminent domain abuse to take their land away from its rightful owners.

One of the Texans who used the primitive form of eminent domain abuse, to remove (or kill) the Village Creek Indians, was named Edward H. Tarrant. He was a General. Due to his successful use of primitive eminent domain abuse, Tarrant County was named after him. Tarrant County continues to honor the memory of General Tarrant by repeatedly securing its reputation as the Eminent Domain Abuse Capital of the Free World.

Changing the subject from eminent domain abusers to my HEAT woes.

I did not overheat today, even though it was 94 when I left my abode, with a Real Feel Heat Index of 98.

In the Village Creek Bayou, today, I saw a bird colored in a very nice shade of blue. Is it a blue heron?

The Village Creek Bayou appears to be quickly drying up. Parts of it are now mud. What becomes of the snakes, turtles, fish and birds if the bayou turns totally to mud?

Well, I am totally headache-free and heading towards downtown Fort Worth in a few minutes to find the Center of Paradise and the Paws of a Cat. Wish me luck in this very risky endeavor.

I hope I don't overheat.

1 comment:

Gail Galtex said...

Durango, my guess is it's a Little Blue Heron. It looks small/medium size.

A Great Blue Heron is twice the size and not that uniformly blue, and it doesn't look like a Tri-Colored either.