Thursday, July 14, 2011

A HOT Hiking Heatstroke Moratorium Hoping To Enter Paradise In Texas

Looking at the blue-tinted view from my primary viewing portal on the world on this, the 2nd Thursday of July, Day 14, it appears to be yet one more cloud-free morning in Texas.

Currently heated to 83 degrees, heading to a scheduled high of 105, with a Real Feel Heat Index of 109.

I think I will test my doctor's theory that my recent afternoon headaches have been heat exposure related and not expose myself to the noonday heat today.

I have some skepticism regarding this theory I have been suffering from a minor case of heatstroke due to the fact I have been hiking in the HOT Texas noonday sun for years without any noticeable dire effects.

However, this summer it does appear to be more humid than summers past. And, the number of Barnett Shale Natural Gas wells spewing who knows what into the air that I breathe is something I did not much contend with 5 or 6 or 7 years ago.

I am currently scheduled to go with a cat to the Center of Paradise this afternoon around 3. I can not remember the last time I went to the Center of Paradise with a cat.

If I do not get aerobic endorphin stimulation via HOT hill hiking today, that means the only way I can get my needed daily fix is via swimming. I think I will go take care of that right now.

No comments: