Sunday, July 3, 2011

The 3rd Morning Of July In Texas Attacked By A Mosquito

The 3rd morning of July has dawned with a clear blue sky, devoid of any clouds, as you can clearly see, looking skyward through the bars of my patio prison cell.

I was attacked and stung by a mosquito yesterday. I believe this is the first time I have been attacked by a mosquito since I have been in Texas.

In Washington during the summer months a summer never passed without multiple mosquito attacks. And usually several deer fly bites suffered whilst hiking in the Cascade Mountains.

I do not know if I have contracted that West or East or whatever it is Nile Disease from yesterday's mosquito bite. I do know I am having strange muscle pains this morning. But no detectable fever. So far.

I think I'll go swimming now and try to forget about all my aches and pains.

1 comment:

GG said...

You'll be ok. I know you don't like to hear this, but it's just more proof you're a Texan. Also, you said 'skeeter' the other day. Maybe that's WA speak, but I doubt it. :)

A yellow jacket trapped in the pool bit me in the neck last week! Luckily, it wasn't too bad.