Thursday, June 16, 2011

Up Early Thursday Morning After Rioting Last Night In Vancouver & A Victory Parade Today In Dallas

Looking closely through the bars of my patio prison cell on the morning of the 16th day of June the pool is looking very inviting.

It is not yet 7 and I'm already ready to turn on the A/C.

The predicted high today is currently 103.

103 degrees should make it very comfortable for the quarter million Dallas Mavericks fans on the streets of Dallas today to watch a Victory Parade.

I hope the heat does not drive the Dallas fans to riot.

Last night, up north in Canada, in Vancouver to be more precise, the Canucks lost the 7th game of the Stanley Cup Hockey Tournament. This caused a lot of ill-tempered Canadians to go into street riot mode. Setting cars on fire, breaking in to stores and looting.

In the Seattle P-I this morning I saw an odd headline.

Hey Houston! It's only a naked bike ride if you're naked.

The short article went on to say...

"Naked bikers in Houston could learn something from Seattle. First of all, it’s not a naked ride if you’re wearing underwear. Or shorts. Or a sundress."

And then had about 30 pictures of Houstonites in their underwear thinking they were naked.

I really don't understand why anyone would want to ride a bike whilst wearing no clothes. Hiking with no clothes, that I get.

Or swimming with no clothes, that seems totally natural. I think I'll go do that right now. And then later maybe some clothesless hiking on the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

No comments: