Saturday, June 4, 2011

Spotting Jim Lane On The Tandy Hills Thinking About Washington Weather Whiners

I was surprised by a Jim Lane for mayor of Fort Worth campaign sign today on the Tandy Hills.

Someone exerted some energy to put up this particular sign.

I'm not sure who is able to view it. The sign faces the west bound lanes of Interstate 30. The eastbound lanes are directly below the sign. The only way those drivers would see the sign is in their rear view mirror.

Earlier today Sunday was scheduled to get 101 degrees HOT. I see this has now been revised to 98 degrees HOT. With the first 100 degree day of the year, here, scheduled for Monday.

I've heard from several of the Washington Weather Whiners in the past 24 hours in celebratory mode because the clouds have gone, the sun has returned and the mountains are back visible.

This is how Eleanor Grigby, in Seattle, described today in the Pacific Northwest...

"It is finally beautiful here. I am sure you remember those crystal blue skies with the mountains popping out, and the Puget Sound flickering.  Nice indeed."

I do remember. There can be months of bad weather and then one day you wake up to blue sky and warm temperatures. People flock to the parks and beaches. I remember one time this happening in late February. There had been a long bout of cold and rain. And then clear sky and warm temperatures. I remember going to Camano Island State Park on that particular Saturday in February and doing some sun basking.

I could go do some pool-side Texas sun basking right now. But, I'm not in the mood.

No comments: