Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rockin' The River Looked Like A Lot Of Fun Except For That Unfortunate River

Well.

I am back from Rockin' the River.

I took a lot of pictures and video.

I have no idea why the Trinity River looks so nice and blue in the picture. In person it looked green.

I'll do a more long winded blogging about Rockin' the River after I make a YouTube video of it.

Short version impression of what I saw tonight. If this Rockin' the River event took place in a crystal clear, pollution-free water environment I would have wanted to jump on a tube and play in the river. It looked fun. The music was real good. Very funny country music courtesy of 95.9, the Ranch, til the live music started around 6.

I also have this to say, til I say more later, and that is that Rockin' the River had the highest percentage of skinny good-lookers I have ever seen at any event in Texas. I felt like I was back in Washington.

Except for the murky water.

4 comments:

CatsPaw said...

I stopped and observed briefly from the levee off Henderson about 5:30. It didn't look like they were going to need their 600 free tubes at that point. It did look like some fun though.

TarrantLibertyGuy said...

I'm glad they appeared to enjoy the tax payer funded frat party - I'm SOOO happy I paid for it through forced taxation and water bills. I'm even MORE happy that they overbought 600 tubes that were apparently FREE. I'm THRILLED that the TRV/TRWD are spending their money on this vs. cleaning up the turd and PCB filled cesspool! I'm so happy that flooding won't happen in Arlington and Haltom City any more! Yes - I'm a little sarcastic.

GG said...

Sorry we missed you. We looked for a Durango-looking dude with camera/video, but there was none. The band was good and there were more people in the water than I expected. There were quite a few spectators like us.

CatsPaw said...

TLG ... you will burst with joy when you consider that there's also the J.D. Granger Magical Forest and its 80,000 trees that will help prevent that flooding ... and no doubt make this area cool enough for human habitation, too.