Monday, June 6, 2011

Hiking The HOT Tandy Hills With A Purple Wildflower Thinking About D-Day & An Old Lady In Need Of Clothes

The Texas wildflower season has definitely passed its peak. And this definitely was not a peak wildflower season.

But, you can still find plenty of wildflower color coloring the Tandy Hills.

Like today's picture of a purple wildflower.

Today it was in the low 90s when I exited my vehicle on top of Mount Tandy.

Not being able to go swimming in the morning seems to have benefited me with extra hiking energy. I was a speedy maniac going up hills today.

I've decided there is something very addictive, in addition to the endorphins, about getting drenched in sweat whilst aerobicizing in air heated to almost 100 degrees.

It is like a Mother Nature provided steam/sauna bath.

I rarely, if ever, mention it, but I'm a big fan of doing random acts of kindness, charitable moments of helping someone in need. Today it was an Old Lady desperately in need of new clothes.

The Old Lady mentioned today being D-Day and said she remembers that day like it was yesterday. I would never ask an Old Lady how old she is, charitable guy that I am, but I estimate if she remembers D-Day, with D-Day being June 6, 1944, then the Old Lady must be at least 77. Much younger than 10 and it is unlikely one would remember D-Day.

Maybe I am projecting my own inability to remember anything from my first decade.

No comments: