Tuesday, June 28, 2011

95 Degrees Walking With My Sister Along Village Creek Looking At A Blue Heron

The last time I went walking at Village Creek Natural Historic Area my mom went walking with me.

Today I took my sister, known as Cbonesmom, who lives in Chandler, walking with me. Chandler is a Phoenix suburb in Arizona.

My sister and I walked quite a long distance. And then the battery on my phone ran out just as my sister was telling me something very interesting.

I called my sister after I took the picture, you see above, of a Blue Heron looking for fish in Village Creek.

The Blue Heron must not have gotten the memo about the safety of eating the fish you catch in Village Creek.

Actually, now that you are making me think about it, fish caught in Village Creek must be okay to eat, because one often sees people fishing in Village Creek and there are no signs warning about the consumption of any fish you might catch.

I did not ask my sister how HOT it was in the Arizona desert today. Likely it is hotter than the relatively chilly 98 degrees I am currently being cooled to.

The forecast for today was 103, if I remember right, with a Heat Index of 110 or 111. I don't know why it is so much colder than the forecast, currently with a Heat Index of only 106.

I blogged on my Durango Roadtripping blog for the 2nd time this year, this morning, in a blogging titled, "Opinions About the Top Ten Best National Park Hikes in America."

My swimming pool has been successfully shocked, so tomorrow morning I can be back in my regular swimming rut. What a relief.

No comments: