Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Up With The Texas Sun On The 1st Thursday Of April

UPDATE: I was time traveling on Wednesday, shifting ahead 24 hours.

The sun and I got up about the same time this morning, which you can sort of see from the picture I took when I stepped outside to recover my swimming suit.

This 1st Thursday of April is currently heated to 54 degrees, heading to a high today somewhere in the 80s.

Heard from the Scrabble Queen of Washington this morning. describing something I could not do in my current location where this is no ferry to ride to an island to go to a restaurant.

The Scrabble Queen said...

Went to Lummi Island to a restaurant called the Willows. Fantastic dinner - a little like French Laundry in Napa - everyone ate the same meal, lots of courses. They used a lot of rocks from the beach. Some were on a plate with water - frozen, with oysters on the half shell. Heated rocks under the bread. Big rock with radish and dip served on it, very fun.

Okay, that all sort of made me homesick for a ferry ride, being out on the San Juan Islands and having fresh Puget Sound oysters. I can't remember when I last had oysters.

Maybe I will find some shellfish on the Tandy Hills today. But, before that, I am going swimming with the tweeting birds.

6 comments:

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

D, You know it is the Scrabble Queen's birthday today, don't you????

Durango said...

Betty Jo, I know now. Thanks to you. So, I wished the SQ a happy birthday.

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

Did you spell happy birthday with the wooden scrabble squares????

Durango said...

No, Betty Jo, I lack that skill. That and I think there aren't enough tiles to spell "happy birthday."

Anonymous said...

You are ahead of the people in FW, in more ways than one. Yesterday was Wednesday. But that's a good metaphor for your exile here, no?

Durango said...

Thanks, Anonymous, I had no clue I'd been doing some time traveling til you pointed it out to me.