Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hot Rock Lukewarm's Photo Of Smoky Midland Texas Surrounded By Wildfires

Incoming photo from Hot Rock Lukewarm, currently out in Midland, in West Texas, where his band is playing in a gala at the Midland Petroleum Club.

The above view was from last night, looking south from beautiful downtown Midland, where the smell of smoke was strong, very windy, with fires burning in several directions from Midland.

I have not heard from the Queen of Wink, yet, as to the status of her realm. Wink is to the west of Midland, about 30 or 40 miles, I think.

What happens with all those oil wells in West Texas when a wildfire burns through?

When you drive through the West Texas zone the air reeks of petroleum.

We are now past 3 in the afternoon in my zone of Texas. As you can see in the latest weather update, what was earlier predicted to be 'A Severe T-Storm," has turned in to "A strong t-storm in spots."

Currently my zone of far east Fort Worth is not one of those spots. It is relatively sunny, birds are chirping, the wind has died down.

And I think I'll go for an afternoon swim with no fear of incoming thunderbolts.

No comments: