Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hiking Through The Tandy Jungle Thinking About Queens Crossing Snake Infested Creeks

The Tandy Hills called around noon, wanting someone to walk on them. And so I did.

In the picture we are in the lushly vegetated jungle foliage zone of the Tandy Hills, accessed north of the currently dry Tandy Falls.

The green light filtering through the Tandy jungle reminds me of summer in one of the Olympic Rain Forests. With no moss. Or elk.

A week from now the 2011 Prairie Fest will be having the Tandy Hills at its most populated.

The Queen of Wink is currently in the Metroplex. I do not know if she is staying til next Saturday to do the Prairie Fest. This morning, at 11, she was running a 3.2 mile course filled with obstacles, like mud pits and snake infested creeks. To me this seemed like a royally strange thing to drive 400 miles to do.

I need to eat lunch now and then go feed a cat.

1 comment:

Sarah R said...

Your picture makes me miss home.