Thursday, April 28, 2011

Elsie Hotpepper Has Me Wondering About The Tarrant County Phallic Symbol Epidemic & Sanitary Sewers In The Tandy Hills

In the picture you are looking west, up a Tandy Hills trail, to the spot where yesterday I took a very cloudy picture of the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth.

Today's view was cloudless.

After my recent bouts of the hives I've decided I need to lead a more healthy lifestyle. I will be trying to get more exercise and eat a more nutritious diet.

The Fort Worth Sanitary Sewer guys were on the Tandy Highway today, preparing a creek crossing for an incoming TV truck. They were working on the creek crossing that last week was flooding with gray water from a sewer line break.

I stopped and talked to the Sewer guys for a couple minutes. It was unclear to me if they realized the sewer water had been running down the creek at a high volume. It made no sense to me that they were preparing to send a TV camera into the pipeline, again, when the leak obviously occurred somewhere up the creek.

But, what do I know about the Sanitary Sewer business?

Sanitary Sewer. I had not before made note of it before, until today, when I read it on one of the manhole covers, that the phrase "Sanitary Sewer" is a bit odd. Should it not be "Unsanitary Sewer?" How can a sewer be sanitary?

Changing the subject from sanitary sewers.

If I remember right I mentioned recently that Elsie Hotpepper had gone missing. Well, I've now heard from Miss Elsie. A few minutes ago Elsie sent me a link to a blog post in the FW Weekly blotch blog, about the epidemic of phallic symbols cropping up all over Tarrant County, titled "Them's Some Nasty Vines."

I think I will go for an afternoon swim and get some Vitamin D therapy.

No comments: