Friday, March 11, 2011

Up Early The Second Friday Of March With No Tsunami From Japan Expected To Hit Fort Worth

It is the second Friday of the third month of 2011. In two days Daylight Savings Time starts up. Which means I may be doing my morning swimming in the dark for awhile.

This morning it is 44 degrees out there. I believe the 24 hour average has been over 50 degrees. So, I am going swimming this morning in that blue oasis you see in the picture.

I have myself a big backlog of blogging fodder this morning. Subjects ranging from gators to tsunamis.

Speaking of tsunamis.

I suspect the Galtex's, this morning, up in Seattle, are experiencing their first tsunami watch, as waves generated by Japan's worst earthquake ever, an 8.9 shaker, are expected to hit the west coast. To get to Seattle a tsunami has to makes its way in from the Pacific Ocean through the Straits of Juan de Fuca and then on to Puget Sound.

I remember one time heading out to Deception Pass on Whidbey Island to watch a possible incoming tsunami. No detectable wave was seen.

In my current location, hundreds of miles from saltwater, north of being deep in the heart of Texas, there will be no incoming tsunami today.

Just sunshine and semi-warm temperatures.

I think I'll go outside and work on my suntan right now. Talk to you later.

No comments: