Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Cold First Saturday Of March Thinking Of A TRIP & Swimming

The view is steamy looking out my viewing portal on the world on the first Saturday of March.

There may be various reasons for the steamy window, but I think the primary cause is the temperature outdoors has plummeted to a measly 7 degrees above freezing.

39 degrees may wreak havoc with my plan to go swimming this morning.

In addition to the cold temperature, gusty winds are blowing with a steady pace of around 20 mph, making it feel like 25 degrees out there.

Tonight, starting at 6, TRIP has its first event. TRIP is the short way of saying Trinity River Improvement Project. Near as I can tell TRIP is an adult version of the infantile Trinity River Vision, known as TRV.

With TRIP you get no Inner Tube Trinity River Happy Hours. And no Cowtown Wakeboard Park. And no un-needed, unnecessary flood diversion channels.

I don't know if I'm going TRIP up tonight. With my go with the flow nature it is too early in the day to commit myself to something as far away as 6 o'clock.

In the meantime I think I'll put on my long underwear and go swimming. Or try to.

No comments: