Monday, January 31, 2011

Tonight Battling Wal-Mart Grackles While Thinking Of The Super Bowl Buffet If The Ice Storm Gets Real Bad

The Grackle takeover of the Eastchase Wal-Mart and Sam's Club continues.

I was at Wal-Mart just as the light of the sun was dimming for the day.

Around 6.

Wal-Mart was super busy with what looked like panicked people stocking up on supplies due to the incoming Arctic Blast which starts arriving sometime in the wee hours.

I believe rain is expected at first, followed by sleet by the time the sun returns, Tuesday morning, followed by snow.

So, tomorrow may be a Snow Day in North Texas. I know I won't be going to school. That's for sure.

I did not do any panicked food buying in anticipation of an Ice Storm. I can walk to an Albertsons and a Krogers across the street from my abode. And several restaurants, including the best Chinese buffet I've been to in the D/FW Metroplex, with the very odd name of Super Bowl Buffet.

I do not know if the Super Bowl Buffet is having anything special on the buffet for the Super Bowl.

5 comments:

cd0103 said...

Ooh, I am always on the look out for a good Oriental buffet. What makes this one stand out?

Durango said...

Well. I've not been to it in awhile. And I fear the bad economic times may have had a bad effect on it, because it does not looks as busy at is used to. But, everything about it. Really good sushi. Various items with shrimp. Everything really fresh. The breading not too thick on the fried meat stuff. Not afraid to put some really spicy stuff on the buffet line. Best Hot and Sour Soup I've had. I am a bit hungry right now, but you have me thinking that maybe it is time to go to a buffet for the first time in a long long time, tomorrow.

cd0103 said...

Oh man. Good luck with that. Let us know if you do make it over there.

Durango said...

cd0103, it is a really short walk for me to the Super Bowl Buffet. However, I have attempted this one before during an Ice Storm and it was not a good thing. I don't even remember if I made it. There is a slight incline to get from where I am right now to the Super Bowl Buffet. That incline becomes dicey when it gets icy.

MLK said...

Be careful out there! Cold and raining here in Tacoma. No precip tho. I could use a snow day!