Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If The Chicago Bears Get In The Super Bowl President Obama Plans To Be In Arlington Watching

I learned today that if the Chicago Bears get in the Super Bowl, that President Obama plans to attend.

How does that work?

Does he pay the $2,000 that other people pay for a ticket? How many people are in the Presidential Entourage? Several dozen?

How is room found for the President and all who accompany him to a game that will be sold out?

Will room for President Obama be found in the Party Pass area?

Now, if I were currently President, during these very trouble economic times, I am 100% certain I would not be wasting taxpayer money flying Air Force One to D/FW International Airport to take the Presidential Limousine to the Cowboy Stadium in Arlington.

My 100% certainty that I would not do this has nothing to do with me not being much of a football fan, it would have 100% to do with the fact that I would not want to be seen so frivolously wasting money at a time of record breaking deficits.

I like President Obama. Not as much as I did when I voted for him though. I have thought more than a time or two that he seems to enjoy the perks of office more than what would seem seemly to me in the current era.

I am likely being thoroughly wrong-headed about this and will thoroughly deserve being chastised for my wrong-headedness.

1 comment:

Eyes Rolling in Fort Worth said...

Well, who are you to speak about frugality. You seem to be traipsing around the Tandy hills and loitering around the local lakes quite often.

Are you being too extravagant in these dark times?

So spare us your insipid sack cloth and ashes arguments.

You had it right You were wrong headed.