Thursday, January 6, 2011

The 6th Day Of 2011 Dawns Bright In Fort Worth With Casey Thompson Off Top Chef, Increased Murders & A City-Wide TCU Celebration In A Tiny Coliseum

The 6th day of 2011 seems to be dawning with yet one more blue sky day in Texas. Blue sky and we are at a balmy 6 degrees above freezing.

I need to remember to get anti-freeze before next week's predicted deep freeze.

I am in a better mood this morning than I was last night, because last night I went to blog on my TV Blog that Fort Worth's Casey Thompson had been told, on Top Chef, to pack her knives and go.

But, Google's Blogger program was in major malfunction mode. But, it's back working this morning.

Obviously, because you are reading this.

Yesterday in the Seattle P-I I learned that Seattle homicides are at a 60 year low. But this morning in the P-I I learned that domestic homicides are at a near record level. So, fewer strangers are being killed, but more family members?

Meanwhile, here in North Texas, I learned this morning in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the number of homicides rose in 2010 in North Texas.

What has more people killing each other in one part of the country and way fewer in another part? I suspect it's something in the water. Or air.

I also learned in the Star-Telegram that our Fort Worth city-wide celebration of the TCU Horned Frogs winning the Rose Bowl will not be city-wide. Instead it will take place January 16 in Daniel-Meyer Coliseum. The public is invited. But, I believe that particular coliseum holds less than 8,000. There are more than 700,000 people who call Fort Worth home.

What happens when all of Fort Worth shows up to celebrate at that tiny coliseum?

Well, I have myself a very busy day of blogging today, trying to catch up after last night's Google Blogger Breakdown stifled me from my blogging.

No comments: