Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Return Of The Shadow Of The Tandy Hills Thin Man

Yesterday I needed two layers, a windbreaker and a wool hat to survive the icy Tandy Hills. Today the sun was back, I only needed one layer, no windbreaker, due to there being no wind, and I probably should have not had the hat on.

As you can see, due to my weakened condition I am now using a walking stick. Also known as a cane.

A couple days ago Alma, the Songbird of the Texas Gulf Coast, announced the shocking news that she'd been advised that maybe it was time for her to start using a cane. Alma and I then commiserated about our co-misery.

I heard the phone ring and go to voice mail whilst I was eating lunch and watching John Wayne and a Stagecoach get chased by Indians in Monument Valley.

It seems like I was just in Monument Valley. But it was at least 13 years ago. This is very disturbing for me to realize. That means it is at least 13 years since I've driven down the Moki Dugway and stayed in Mexican Hat at the San Juan Inn.

Enough of thinking about the depressing fact that time flies by.

After I was done getting aerobicized on the Tandy Hills I went to Town Talk. Busiest I have ever seen it. Which is the same thing I said last Saturday. This must have to do with Christmas. But I don't remember this phenomenon last Christmas. The warehouse was open again. I did not get organic grapefruit this week. But, I did get a case of V-8, sirloin steak, lasagna, shrimp and other stuff I'm forgetting right now.

No comments: