Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas To My Mom & Dad From Village Creek Natural Historic Area

You're looking at the Village Creek Rapids, around noon, Christmas, in Village Creek Natural Historic Area.

Village Creek was running a little extra water due to Friday's rain, but not enough to cause the park to be closed

A surprisingly large number of people were taking a break from Christmas in the park today.

I called my Mom and Dad when I started walking, even though I had not gotten gas. My Mom answered with a "Merry Christmas." Mom was being quite cheerful. We talked for around a half hour.

Talking for a half hour, outdoors, with the wind chill factor making it feel like 25, eventually made my phone holding left hand very cold. So, I had to say goodbye to my Mom.

I had intended to call my Mom and Dad and then call Elsie Hotpepper. When I flipped the phone open to call  Mom and Dad I saw there was a voice mail from Elsie. Wishing me a Merry Christmas with a slight amount of Bah Humbug tossed in.

But, I did not call Elsie back due to the fact that I'd had my quota of phone talking in the cold for the day.

No comments: