Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Am All Done With My Christmas Shopping On The Eve Of Christmas Eve

I am up before the sun on the morning of Christmas Eve Eve, this next to last Thursday of 2010.

I've been long done with all my Christmas shopping, due to doing no Christmas shopping. I don't know why more people don't adopt my holiday traditions.

Yesterday I blogged about my opinion that Santa Claus sets a very bad example for kids by being over weight and in dire need of going on a diet. There are way too many cookies consumed this time of year.

Just yesterday I went to my mailbox to discover two big boxes. One of the boxes was filled with Christmas Cookies, sent all the way from Seattle. I don't eat such things. Now, if it were a cheesecake in the box, there would have been a different outcome. Or if one of the cookie types were white chocolate macadamia nut.

I learned from the Scrabble Queen of Washington that North Texas is currently scheduled for some heavy duty storming on Christmas Eve. I did not know this, so I checked the weather forecast to learn that Thunderstorms are on the menu for tomorrow.

If I remember right, last year on Christmas Eve the snowstorm had already started that piled up a lot of inches by Christmas.

I don't know what I am up to today, except for being fairly certain that I am going to be shoving a big turkey in the oven. And likely going on a hike somewhere.

No comments: