Monday, October 11, 2010

Will Lightning Soon Be Striking My Fort This Second Monday Of October?

As you can see, October 11 has dawned cloudy in Major General Worth's Fort on this second Monday of the 3rd to last month of 2010.

The clouds will likely be increasing in number and depth as we approach noon in North Texas, with a 75% chance of Severe Thunderstorms unleashing some big booms and drops of water.

So, rain and lightning may wreak havoc with my current plan for some noontime Tandy Hills hiking.

We'll see.

It was in the mid 60s this morning when I went swimming. Much balmier than the 50s in the mornings of late.

Elsie Hotpepper was missing for 48 hours over the weekend, finally checking in last night. I do not know if she was out saloon hopping, or what. I was very worried. I have heard from all my other missing people, so right now I have not much of anything to worry about.

Except for that incoming Thunderstorm I previously mentioned.

2 comments:

cd0103 said...

What weather site do you check? Wunderground is saying 20% chance today and it looks like it will be east of us. Don't get me wrong, I would love the rain, but just not seeing that in the cards.

Durango said...

cd0103, I've got a plug-in to my browser from something called Accu-Weather. That's were I got the Thunderstorm forecast. I did not think to check any where else. But, looking outside right now, I don't see it happening either. The clouds seem to be melting away.