Friday, October 15, 2010

Thinking About The Possibility Of Inner Tubing Village Creek In Arlington

At noon I felt the need for motion. So I pedaled my bike at a high rate of speed on the paved trail at Village Creek Natural Historic Area, in Arlington.

I've wondered more than once where the "Natural" comes in at this location. To me "paved trail" and "natural" sort of contradict each other. Another unnatural contradiction is more pavement on which picnic tables and BBQ fireplaces sit. Also power transmission towers cut through the Natural Area.

What was looking very natural today was the Village Creek Pond. I think I may have mentioned previously that when I first saw this pond it was not clogged with the greenery that currently clogs it. It was a big open pond of slow moving water. I saw a big bunch of water moccasin in this pond way back then.

Today the Village Creek Pond was being pretty much crystal clear, as in put in the inner tube and float level of crystal clear. If it weren't for the possibility of an up close encounter with a water moccasin.

I wonder if there are any water moccasin in the Trinity River? I suspect not, now that the Trinity River has become an inner tube floating destination rivaling the San Marcos and Guadalupe Rivers down in Texas Hill Country.

Village Creek was also running very clear today, but not with a sufficient amount of water to make it suitable for inner tubing. If there were sufficient water one could easily ride ones inner tube all the way to the Trinity River, where one would find oneself soon floating into River Legacy Park where one could exit at the boat launch.

If only I had an inner tube.

No comments: