Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Texas Rangers Antler & Claw Past The New York Yankees To The World Series

You are looking at a screen cap from this morning's Dallas Morning News.

Last night the Texas Rangers beat the New York Yankees, 6 to 1, winning the best of 7 American League Championship for the first time, which put the Rangers in the World Series for the first time.

The Rangers beat the Yankees 4 games to 2. The Yankees are the winningest team in baseball, with 40 American League Championships and 27 World Series wins.

The odd use of the word "claw" in the Dallas Morning News headline is because of something the Rangers do. "Claw" and "Antlers." A couple days ago someone tried to explain "Claws" and "Antlers" to me, but, I didn't get it. But, apparently a lot of others do get it.

The Rangers fans directed a lot of heckling at Alex Rodriguez. I can not remember for sure, but I think Rodriguez was playing for the Seattle Mariners, then the Texas Rangers paid him an obscene amount of money to play for them. But then Alex did not like Texas, which somehow had the New York Yankees taking possession of him.

The one and only time I attended a Texas Rangers game, at the Ballpark in Arlington, they were playing Seattle. I do not remember if Alex Rodriquez was playing for Seattle or Texas at that point in time. I do remember calling my mom when Rodriquez was up to bat to tell her I was at a baseball game.

Alex Rodriguez was the last out, last night, striking out, to give the win to the Rangers.

No comments: