Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It Is A Dark But Not Stormy October Morning In Texas

It is a dark, but not yet stormy October 19 morning. I was awakened an hour or two ago by a very loud boom. It was not thunder. More like a shotgun blast.

Today the prediction, from weather forecasters, is for a 30% chance of wet stuff hitting the ground. My prediction is we will stay dry today in my zone of North Texas.

A few days ago Betty Jo Bouvier sent me a video showing the Seattle skyline growing from the 1950s to a new skyscraper due to be open for business in 2011. Before the video zooms in to the new skyscraper the perspective is from out in Seattle's Town Lake, known as Elliott Bay.

You can go watch the video here. Click the "Full Screen" option on the lower right. Then you'll be able to see the Space Needle pop up in 1961. Seeing the Kingdome pop to life and then death was sort of sad. That building had a very short life span.

I wonder what a similar video shot from the location of Fort Worth's future little Town Lake, showing the evolution of Fort Worth's skyline would look. Sort of sleepy, I suspect.

Anyway, it is being sort of warm this morning. 67 out there while I wait for the sun to provide some illumination so I can see my way to the pool.

No comments: