Thursday, October 28, 2010

It Is Almost November & I Am Shivering From The Texas Cold & The Rangers Losing Their First World Series Game

It is the morning of October 28, which means it is 4 days until November. And Christmas is less than 2 months away.

We are rapidly approaching my least favorite time of the year.

I think it got down in the 40s last night. The pool was the coolest it has been since last winter. I stayed in it for quite a long time. And now I'm shivering as I type.

The Texas Rangers did not win their first World Series game last night.

Elsie Hotpepper sent me a link, this morning, to a funny local (to Texas) TV report from whatever the name is of the home ballpark of the San Francisco Giants.   Didn't it used to be Candlestick Park? What became of Candlestick Park?

On Sunday we will be having Perfect Storm conditions in Arlington. For the first time both the Ballpark in Arlington and the Cowboy Stadium will be full of fans at the same time. Plus, due to it being the Halloween time of the year, I suspect Six Flags Over Texas will be open too.

I have not had confirmation that Miss Puerto Rico made it successfully back to Texas.  She had 3 different airports, on the way back, in which she could have had herself an incident.

Lunch is at 1. Barbecued pork chops. Don't be late.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

You ain't seen nuttin' yet. Forecast tomorrow morning is for a low temperature with a first digit of "3."