Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feeding Miss Puerto Rico's Cat While Updating My Texas Rangers World Series Faux Pas

You are looking at the late Wednesday afternoon view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony.

It was a good choice, on my part, that I returned to check on the cat, Tasha, once more, before Miss PR's midnight return.

The food bowl was a bit low.

The cat was in full yowling mode. I don't know if I was being scolded about the low supply of food in her bowl, or my failure to give her one of her special treats when I was there this morning.

In a short while, in San Francisco, the Texas Rangers are looking to win their first ever World Series game. The World Series is a baseball tournament for you who do not follow American sports. There are only Canadian and American teams that can play in this tournament. I do not know why it is called the World Series.

It'd be nice if Havana and Tokyo had a team in the Big Leagues, what with both Cuba and Japan being big fans of baseball.

On a related note. Long ago I made a webpage about Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington. Yesterday a guy named Mr. R. Hicks sent me an email.

Subject line: You might want to change this

"Behind the Titan Hyper Coaster and the top-rated Texas Giant Wooden Coaster, that would be the Ballpark in Arlington where the cellar dwelling Texas Rangers play." 

Oops. I quickly fixed that little faux pas.

And then quickly checked the Ballpark in Arlington webpage for other unfortunate faux pas incidents. I only had to make a couple changes to that one.

When I talked to my mom a couple days ago she told me I really should go to one of the World Series games, due to the rarity of such an opportunity. I guess mom forgot I don't like baseball. That and how would I get a ticket? Aren't they sold out?

No comments: