Thursday, September 16, 2010

Up Late In Texas After Too Much Bird Tweeting Torment Last Night

I am up after the sun, well, more accurately, we got up about the same time, this one day past the Ides of September, Thursday morning, the 16th.

I'm thinking these sunset bike rides I've been going on have me sleeping like a baby, without a need for a middle of the night feeding.

By the time I got up, this morning, the birds were done with their daily ritual of greeting the sun with way too much tweeting.

But.

Yesterday all afternoon I was hearing loud tweeting. And then when I got back here. After dark. The birds were still tweeting. It was loud and annoying. Birds don't tweet, normally, after the sun goes away.

After about an hour I was real tired of the constant tweeting. I went outside hoping to shoo away the offending birds, who I assumed were right outside my computer room window.

When I stepped outside, dead silence. Nary a tweet. I figured, well, that shut them up, just seeing a human in their vicinity.

I went back to my computer room and the tweeting was at full throttle. Then I thought, are there birds in my attic? Am I hearing this through the A/C vent?

Then, as a last resort, seeking any solution that provided relief from this avian nightmare, I turned off my computer speakers.

Silence.

I re-started the computer this morning. I have not turned the speakers back on. I'll do that right now and see if the birds return.

Silence.

I was at several websites yesterday that had to do with birding on the Texas Gulf Coast. I'm thinking I may have picked up a bird noise doing that, somehow, that stayed with me.

I am not going swimming this morning. I may go to the Tandy Hills if it is breezy by noon. I may go on a sunset bike ride tonight. In the meantime, and after, I will be virtually traveling all over Texas.

No comments: