Friday, September 17, 2010

Up After The Sun September 17 With An Offer To Help With My Bad Grammar

It is the morning of September 17 and, as you can see from the view from my bedroom window, I am up after the sun.

I'm thinking these sunset bike rides I've been going on have me sleeping real good. Way too good.

This morning looking at my Feedburner stats I see that this very blog you are reading has lost about half its subscribers over night.

How does that happen?

Yesterday it was something like 555 subscribers. This morning there are 274 subscribers.

I actually do not understand the whole subscribe to a blog thing. If you like a blog why would you simply not just add it as a bookmark? Why would you subscribe to it? I think I need to get Feeds for Dummies. I recollect that Blogging for Dummies was a big help to me.

Speaking of helping me. As is common knowledge, I am severely challenged in the writing department, what with my bad grammar, bad spelling and poor sentence structure.

Well, this guy named Griff Gregory was looking for info about the movie, The Last Picture Show, and he came upon my webpage about Archer City. Griff says he'll be happy to edit my verbiage. I don't know when I have been so touched by such a kind offer.

Here is what Griff had to say....

I ran across your site when looking for information on The Last Picture Show.

The verbiage on the page needs a good edit. I’d be happy to clean it up for you if you wish. Otherwise, when one goes to read your writing, it is diminished by the poor grammar, run-on sentences, etc.

I’m not trying to insult you, but rather to say I’d be happy to edit it for you.

As for the pictures, thank you for posting them. They truly portray the town at least as it is portrayed in the movie.

Best wishes,


Griff Gregory

I probably need to see what I wrote on that webpage. It was written a long, long time ago.

No comments: