Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tropical Storm Hermine Continues To Drop A Lot Of Water On Fort Worth

The sun is trying hard to light up the place this second Wednesday of September, but former Hurricane Hermine, currently Tropical Storm Hermine, is still darkening the skies over North Texas.

And dropping an incredible amount of rain.

I have decided to skip my morning swim. It's raining hard. Wind is blowing. And there are likely small lakes that would have to be navigated between where I am right now and the pool.

So far I have heard no thunder during the constant storming. And I have not heard the tornado sirens.

The soothing sounds of rain hitting the window did make for some sound sleeping, made even sounder due to no A/C running, thus no earplugs to block the annoying sound of the A/C cycling on and off.

The sun has finally managed to shine enough light that I can see what a mess it is out there. We are currently under a flash flood watch until Thursday. Currently it appears a flash flood is occurring over the walkway I take to get in swim mode. I'll see if I can get a picture.

As you can see, the walkway has turned into a canal with a waterfall.

I do not foresee any bike or hike opportunities in my immediate future. This may render me quickly cranky.

No comments: