Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Looking For Snake Sites On The Tandy Hills After Traipsing Through Tall Grass At Oakland Lake Park

An inquiring mind inquired as to where precisely on the Tandy Hills I had had an encounter with what I now know to be a 6 foot long Rat Snake, thanks to information provided by the inquiring mind.

I used about 40 words to try and describe where I saw the snake. It is commonly known, by those who know common things, that a picture is worth a thousands words, and so the thousand word picture you are looking at, is where I saw the snake.

You are looking east in the picture. The snake slithered out of sight in the tree on the right.

It had not been my intention to go to the Tandy Hills today. Usually on Wednesday I don't do my usual noon salubrious hiking endeavor, due to a regular appointment up in North Richland Hills. But, that got postponed today, which had me making webpages for way too much time this morning.

So, about noon I took off to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdic Lake. I got to the park and saw the lawn was in dire need of being mowed. And a lot of dirty mud had mucked up the place.

It was being breezing, so, even though I was in my walking shoes, not my hiking boots, I abandoned unkempt Oakland Lake Park and took off for the nearby top of Mount Tandy to have myself a nice walk down the mountain and the entire length of the Tandy Highway.

It was in the mid 80s, and, like I said, breezy, and much of the Tandy Highway is in the shade. So, there was none of that dreaded overheating and its accompanying excess seepage today.

I won't be swimming in the morning. My pool is in the process of being shocked. I'm thinking I am going to go for another sunset bikeride. I wish River Legacy Park was back open. I've gone on sunset bikerides there in the past. When the sun goes down your way is lit by fireflies.

No comments: