Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fort Worth's Fosdic Falls Is No Longer Neon Green

After I checked out the flooded Trinity Falls and Gateway Park I decided to see if Fosdic Falls, falling from Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park was still falling green, but with a lot more volume.

Yesterday I mentioned that Fosdic Falls was being a very unnatural neon green anti-freeze color.

As soon as I parked I could see Fosdic Lake had added a lot more water since yesterday. And was back looking a more natural color.

Fosdic Falls was falling way more water than yesterday. Enough water to make a roaring falls noise, but not enough to tremble the earth like a falls like Snoqualmie Falls in Washington does.

Fosdic Creek was roaring with whitewater rapids. I'd not seen that on Fosdic Creek before.

A white bird was standing on a rock in the Fosdic Creek whitewater rapids. Is the bird an egret? I don't know.

It has now been several hours since rain has fallen. Blue sky has returned. Has the BIG DRY UP began? I hope so.

No comments: