Saturday, August 21, 2010

Up Late Saturday Morning Daring To Leave Out Gilmer & Pritchett Texas

Up late Friday night, up late Saturday morning. I do not like getting up after the sun.

We started a new streak of going over 100 yesterday. I believe the prediction is for the streak to continue today.

Yesterday's 100 degrees plus was made tolerable by a strong wind. Had that wind not been strong I don't know if I could have managed to walk the mean streets of Pantego like I did yesterday.

If it is windy today I'm going to go to the Tandy Hills. It has been several days since I've been there.

I got an email from my Eyes on Texas website this morning, from Elaine Fletcher in fully goofy umbrage mode. Elaine had been to my Piney Woods Region page and was very upset that I dared leave out her beautiful town.

This is what Elaine had to say...

To whom it my concern,

How dare you leave out talking about Beautiful Small Town Gilmer,Tx and our Yamboree and also about the 2nd annual Okra Festival in Pritchett,Tx. We're 6 miles from Gilmer and 6 from Big Sandy,Tx.

E. Fletcher

Yes, this is an excellent way to motivate me to go to the bother of adding your town and festival.

It is time to go swimming now in lukewarm water.

No comments: