Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thinking About Tubing The San Marcos River On Day 15 Over 100 In North Texas

As you can see I am out on my patio, drinking coffee, just as the sun starts to light up the place, with a lot of birds chirping their happiness over the return of the sun.

It is 83 this morning. Yesterday was the 14th day in a row over 100 degrees in North Texas. Today will be the 15th day in a row.

The National Weather Service has reneged on its prediction that we would get relief from the sizzle on Sunday. The NWS is now saying the earliest we might see less than 100 is Tuesday. And that forecast may change.

I took a virtual trip south of Austin, yesterday, to San Marcos. San Marcos may be my favorite town I've been to in Texas. The town sort of reminds me of a small version of Bellingham in Washington. The Edwards Aquifer leaks to the surface in the San Marcos area in several springs. One of which is Aquarena Springs, site of some of the clearest water I've ever seen.

All the San Marcos springs flow into the San Marcos River, which stay pretty much at a constant 78 degree all year, causing tropical-like vegetation at the river's edge. And excellent tubing.

I don't know where I may virtually go today. Maybe out to West Texas, to Pecos, with a side trip to Wink to see the Queen.

In the meantime, I am going swimming.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

You shouldn't tease me with virtual trips...

Durango said...

Sorry, CT2, it's not nice to tease.