Monday, August 16, 2010

TCEQ Issues Level Orange Air Pollution Alert While Fort Worth's Fosdic Lake Turns Green

It is 99 right now, coming up on 3 in the afternoon. We should be crossing over the 100 mark at any moment, thus continuing the days in a row over 100 streak, at what is it now? 17? 18?

A cold front was predicted to keep us under 100 today. I see no hint of the predicted incoming rain and thunderstorms, or chill.

I did see the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality issued a Level Orange Air Pollution Alert a few minutes ago for the Dallas/Fort Worth area. A Level Orange Alert means it is dangerous for the elderly, like me, to be outside.

Prior to the Level Orange Alert I went outside, around noon, to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdic Lake.

As you can see in the pictures, the day after day after day over 100 has caused Fosdic Lake to need to issue a Level Green Water Pollution Alert.

Fosdic Lake is currently being the color of anti-freeze.

The birds did not appear to be too happy regarding the condition of their lake. I saw a group of ducks waddling on the eastern shore, like they were having a duck protest.

This morning I virtually went out to West Texas again, this time to Monahans and Monahans Sandhills State Park. On the Monahans Sandhills you can go sand surfing and sand tobogganing. I did neither. It was too HOT.

No comments: