Friday, August 6, 2010

In Texas Thinking About Atom Bombing Hiroshima & My Mom and Dad's Anniversary

You are up early, under cover of darkness, sitting out on my patio with me, drinking coffee on August 6, the 65th Anniversary of the day Hiroshima woke up to an atom bomb exploding overhead.

Six years after an atom bomb exploded over Hiroshima my mom and dad got married. This makes it easy to remember my mom and dad's anniversary.

Yesterday I read somewhere that there was some upset over the refusal of America to apologize for blowing up Hiroshima. This seemed bizarre to me.

I've no recollection of Japan apologizing for what it did on December 7, 1941. Maybe there was a Japanese apology and I missed it. Japan did a lot of bad behavior in the 1930s and 40s that would seem to require a lot of apologizing.

I must remember to call my mom and dad today.

No comments: