Sunday, August 8, 2010

In Texas Early Sunday Morning Thinking About Not Going To A Wedding In Washington

As you can see, sitting out on the patio with me, drinking coffee, on this, the second Sunday of August, the sun is lighting up the place with nary a cloud in the clear blue sky.

It is 81 out there, heading, again, to a predicted high of 101. I don't know if we got past the century mark yesterday, but the forecast is that we will for the next 7 days.

Today, up in Washington, Betty Jo Bouvier, the Wild Woman of Woolley, becomes a mother-in-law for the first time.

Of course I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that I was not invited to these nuptials. Had I been there is nothing, nothing I tell you, that could have stopped me from heading north. Few things I like better than attending a wedding.

I think I'll go swimming in the overly warm pool now and figure out what I'm going to do today instead of going to a Washington wedding.

2 comments:

Betty Jo Bouvier said...

Durango, you know it is a very private affair. Only the closest of friends, family and the high society of Sedro-Woolley were invited. I hope you are not crushed.

Durango said...

Betty Jo, I suppose in time I will get over not being invited to the Woolley Wedding of the Year.