Sunday, August 15, 2010

A HOT High Of 105 Sunday In My Zone Of North Texas

As you can see, it is 102 at a little after 5 this Sunday afternoon. The Heat Index is 108. We have chilled down from today's high of 105.

I've been doing some virtual roadtripping today. I did not feel like baking so I have stayed inside, except for this morning's long swim.

I virtually drove out to check out Pine Springs and Guadalupe Mountains National Park way out in far West Texas. Guadalupe Peak is the tallest mountain in Texas.

Next I went to Pecos. I wanted to checked out the place that grows the famous Pecos cantaloupes.

It is a short distance to Wink from Pecos. It crossed my mind to see if I could fit in a virtual visit with the Queen of Wink, but my cell phone had gone dead.

So, I continued on to Poteet. Poteet is about 30 miles south of San Antonio. Poteet is the Strawberry Capital of Texas. I have never had a Poteet Strawberry. I read somewhere that Poteet commits the sacrilege of importing strawberries from California due to running low on the local fruit during the humongous Poteet Strawberry Festival.

No comments: