Monday, July 19, 2010

A Texas Falling Down Sunday Night Storm & Monday Morning Blue Sky Norm

That is not the Monday morning, July 19 view from my patio you are looking at. It is the Sunday early evening view from Miss Puerto Rico's.

I was not aware of any forecast for anything wet, on Sunday. I was peacefully minding my serene business, sitting out on Miss PR's balcony, when suddenly a really clear rainbow popped in to view.

With me on one of the very rare occasions when I did not have my camera with me. It was starting to get real windy. I decided to run back to my abode to get my camera so I could get a picture of the rainbow.

I got back to my abode, got the camera, and exited my abode to find rain falling. Hard. By the time I got back to Miss Puerto Rico's I was soaking wet. Totally soaking wet. I removed what I could of what was wet, whilst still maintaining some modicum of propriety.

Then all HELL broke loose. Lightning striking, wind gusting, rain downpouring. The picture above really does not do justice to the viciousness of Sunday's surprise storm.

When I exited Miss PR's, to make my way back here, it was a wet, muddy, slippery journey.

Keyword, slippery.

As in I slipped and fell. My camera case got covered in mud, but the camera stayed safe. Which is why it is kept in a case. To protect it from my tendency to slip and fall inconveniently.

Today, that day being Monday, July 19, has dawned calm, as you can see in the picture of the view from my balcony, with a blue sky and a pleasant temperature of a relatively chilly 76.

I'm going swimming now. I hope I make it to the pool without slipping and falling.

No comments: