Friday, July 16, 2010

The James Gang & Grandpa Higginbottom In Oklahoma

I got an email some time ago from Elaina Haws. I had intended to blog about what Elaina was asking me.

But I forgot about it until now.

Do you recognize any of the men in the picture?

Elaina believes her great-great-grandfather, James Buchanan Gardner is one of the men in the picture. The photo was among Elaina's great-great-grandfather's possessions.

Grandpa Gardner was associated with the Jesse James Gang. Elaina did not say if Grandpa Gardner participated in in James Gang activities. But, she did say that Grandma Gardner moved to Oklahoma where he changed his last name to Higginbottom.

Elaina says she is just trying to find out about her family history and would thank you very much if you can help identify the men in the picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did anyone every find this out? I have a second photo