Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It Is A Very Dark Moonless Morning In Texas

As you can see, the view from my balcony is looking out on the very dark morning of a very dark night, while I drink very dark coffee after waking up, early, in a very dark mood.

What has become of the moon? I can see stars twinkling through spaces between puffy clouds. But no moon. I have seen no moon in at least a week.

Yesterday I said I chose to go back to Village Creek Natural Historic Area to do my historically natural walking, due to me assuming the Tandy Hills got a heavy dose of water from the same downpour that got me soaking wet on Sunday.

However, I heard from Stenotrophomonas, he being one of the close monitors of the Tandy Hills, due to living in a location that makes monitoring easy, that the hills received nary a drop of the deluge that dropped so much wetness on me.

The Tandy Hills is less than 4 miles west of my location. Amazing how a storm as wicked as Sunday's only hit a very small area.

I guess I am off to the Tandy Hills today. But, before that happens I'm going swimming. If the sun ever decides to make an appearance.

No comments: